Painting out of a Dixie Belle 8 oz Paint Jar will be the easiest and most enjoyable painting you will ever do!
- Clean your piece, preferably with Dixie Belle White Lightning Cleaner, to remove dust and grime.
- Paint with your favorite Dixie Belle paint color
- Distress (if you would like)
Dixie Belle Paint is very thick and a little goes a long way. The longer the lid stays off, the thicker it will get. If you’d like it thinner, no worries, just add a little water and stir. Add too much water? No worries, just leave lid off and it will thicken up. Whatever consistency you desire, Dixie Belle Paint will work for you!
Distress a little too much for your taste? That’s okay! Just paint right over that area and start again!
Most pieces will take one to two coats for full coverage. Sometimes, after the first coat dries it will look blotchy. Don’t freak out! After the second coat, it will be beautiful!
Sometimes you will see brushstrokes, don’t worry, as the paint dries, they will disappear. Dixie Belle Paint is the best paint for self leveling.
Dixie Belle 8 oz Paint Jar
Dixie Belle Clear Coat is water resistant and can be cleaned using a non abrasive cleaner after only 7 days!
- Allow your last coat of paint to dry (depending on the weather/humidity) about an hour
- Simply brush a very thin, even layer of clear coat
- For an extra layer of protection, simply add another coat of our clear coat in an hour. (You don’t have to wax Dixie Belle)
This is where the fun really begins! Want to add depth and dimension to a flat piece? Dixie Belle Glaze finishes do just that!
- Give the Clear Coat a couple hours to dry (or you can glaze first and then Clear coat)
- Be sure the glaze is mixed really well
- Working in sections, use a chip brush or sponge brush and start applying the glaze to your liking
- If you are working with a piece with lots of nooks and crannies/carvings, work the glaze in to make those details pop
- If you would like less glaze, simply wipe off with a damp rag or paper towel.